tisdag 23 juni 2009

So, Tahe Marine is selling kayaks like hot cakes... Unfortunately this results in delivery times of several weeks, but for a great kayak at a reasonable price, it is worth the wait. For my part I now have more time to spend on my own paddling. Today I took a nice little trip around the Sigtuna "bay". I visited the Viking village in Sigtuna who will help feed the paddlers of the new event Vikingapaddlingen. Be sure to check it out and if you have tyhe time, please join us on Saturday 27th of June. Perhaps create your own start with some friends.


The Vikingpaddling is inspired by the annual skating competition from Uppsala to Hässelby. This distance can be tricky for a kayaker. We decided that it´ll be a multiple start event with one common goal. Sigtuna, the pearl of Lake Mälaren. This is an old town with it´s roots back in the history of Sweden. The first capital of Sweden and a major trading post it is quite suitable to have kayakers coming from far away meeting up here. Learn more about Sigtuna and the viking village here. Sigtuna is always full of life with lots to see.

My paddling should be more frequent now. I just found that the Wind 585, formerly known as the Viking (how convenient) is by far my favorite in our range. I just love it....!!


What else has happened? Sara got the horse of her dreams. At least it appears to be. Diva is a Connemara with a seemingly fine chain of genes. The pony seems to be self taught. After a few trials she is riding Diva as if the pony has done nothing else before.






Inga kommentarer: